Exploring Relationship “Like-Gendered,” Groups: Join Us This Fall
We all come up against blocks to satisfying connection. Through education, structured process and attention to our physical selves, members will gain a map to deeper engagement.
With the support of a trained group therapist, you can learn to:
Shift troubling, long held patterns you haven’t had success shifting before.
Hang in there in your relationships, even when it’s hard.
Navigate healthy discord and difference as they arise in your connections.
Group for Female Identifying Adults
*Scheduled to begin the week of November 13th
Group for Non-Binary/Gender Non-Conforming Adults
*Scheduled to begin the week of November 11th
Group for Male Identifying Adults
*Scheduled for Winter 2020
*Gender is not the specific focus of these groups but safety around your identity will always be attended to. Trans folks welcome to join the group that feels right to you.
This could be the right group for you if you:
• Are motivated to explore vs. looking for the "solution," to your "problem."
• Are willing to tolerate some discomfort in service to learning and growing.
• Can try sharing your thoughts and feelings with other members.
• Have awareness of trauma in your history but you've processed it to some degree.
• Understand at least a little how your past is impacting you today.
• Are ready to look inward for answers to your relationship challenges.
Relationships are hard. Many of us feel alone even when we are with others. Whether you identify as anxiously or avoidantly attached or disconnected all togther... whether you see yourself an over-achiever, who struggles to connect with emotions or an underachiever, who is swamped by self-doubt... this group can help.
We'll explore topics such as:
• Attachment states and how they make connection difficult.
• What depression and anxiety really are.
• The nervous system and the ways it may be trying to protect you.
• Anger, Agression and Rage and the distinct puposes they serve.
• How your brain determines your experience of the world.
Our explorations will focus around group member interests and needs.
Where: 333 NE Hancock St. #16 Portland, Or. 97212
When: Group for Female Identifying Adults 4-5:30pm Wednesdays
Group for Non-Binary Folks TBD
How Much: $700 for 12 weeks. Please reach out to learn more about Low Cost Opportunities.
* Please note: getting a group started is a process and requires some patience. I request a deposit of $200 all of which is refundable if the group does not coalesce. $100 of which is refundable, up until 1 week before our start date, if the group is a go.